Ladies First can pay for the following services:
- Annual Screening
- Clinical breast exam
- Screening Mammogram
- Diagnostic follow up tests
- Diagnostic mammogram
- Second opinion
- Breast biopsy
- Risk counseling
- Genetic counseling
- MRI when clinically indicated
- Pelvic exam
- Pap test
- Diagnostic tests
- Annual screenings
- Blood pressure
- Total cholesterol
- Blood sugar
- Weight and height
- Support with nutrition counseling and health coaching
- Referrals to 802 Quits for smoking cessation services
- Lifestyle programs that focus on improving nutrition, increasing physical activity, controlling high blood pressure, and weight loss
Click here for more information on women and heart disease.
Using tobacco is another risk factor for heart disease. Quitting tobacco is one of the most important things you can do for your health and there’s a lot of help available. Click here for tobacco cessation information.
- Weight Watchers - Ladies First will cover 12 Weight Watchers meetings over 12-24 weeks. Members may be eligible for 12 additional meetings if their attendance and results are strong.
- TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) - TOPS is a weight management program that offers judgment-free weight loss support groups. Ladies First can provide TOPS memberships to committed program members who are motivated and ready to attend TOPS weekly meetings.
- Curves Complete - Ladies First will cover a 3-6 month Curves Complete membership, which includes fitness, weight loss tracking, one-on-one health coaching, and menu planning. Participants must complete a minimum of two workouts and one coaching session each week, and are free to work out as they wish.
- YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program - The YMCA Diabetes Prevention program can help members who have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or believe that they might be at risk for diabetes. The 12-month, group-based program consists of 16 one-hour weekly sessions followed by monthly sessions led by a trained coach.
- Self-Monitored Blood Pressure Program - Ladies First offers free blood pressure monitors and tools to help members whose blood pressure is above 140/90.
- Other local weight management and fitness programs - Members who are up to date on their Ladies First screenings may be eligible for local programs that have partnered with Ladies First.
Ladies First offers free lifestyle programs during the Fall and Winter months to help members reach their weight loss and fitness goals. Members must be over the age of 30 and up to date on their heart health screenings, mammograms, and Pap tests (if applicable). Click here to see the steps to join a Lifestyle Program with Ladies First. To enroll in a Lifestyle Program or for more information, contact our Lifestyle Program Coordinator at 802-652-4139.
For information on smoking cessation through 802 Quits, contact 1-800 Quit Now (784-8669)
Ladies First members will be referred for full Medicaid coverage if breast or cervical cancer treatment is needed. For more information please contact our Clinical Navigator at 802-863-7332.
Ladies First can pay for transportation and interpreter services.